Now we are treated to a Clockwork Orange-esque video that focuses on what men are allegedly doing wrong.
|You WILL be cured of your toxic masculinity!|
|If only someone had talked to Adolf about his feelings....|
It is not about poor behavior, it is about men and their place in society, the society that coincidentally they built, sustain and defend. Men, especially white men, especially especially white men that hold to the traditional beliefs and norms of Western civilization, are the most intransigently anti-revolutionary part of the population. Therefore they need to be crushed and silenced.
Far too many people, especially people that fancy themselves to be quite wise and worldly, seem incapable of making pretty obvious connections. If the Gillette ad popped up in a vacuum, well then it could be dismissed as clumsy corporate virtue signaling. But when it comes out just a few days after the American Psychological Association declares that traditional masculinity is harmful? And after last year's fiasco in the Brett Kavanaugh hearings? I don't believe in those sorts of coincidences. The press release from the APA contains gems like this:
- APA’s new Guidelines for Psychological Practice With Boys and Men strive to recognize and address these problems in boys and men while remaining sensitive to the field’s androcentric past. Thirteen years in the making, they draw on more than 40 years of research showing that traditional masculinity is psychologically harmful and that socializing boys to suppress their emotions causes damage that echoes both inwardly and outwardly.
- The main thrust of the subsequent research is that traditional masculinity—marked by stoicism, competitiveness, dominance and aggression—is, on the whole, harmful. Men socialized in this way are less likely to engage in healthy behaviors.
- The clinician’s role, McDermott says, can be to encourage men to discard the harmful ideologies of traditional masculinity (violence, sexism) and find flexibility in the potentially positive aspects (courage, leadership). He and his team are working on a positive-masculinities scale to capture peoples’ adherence to the pro-social traits expected from men, something that has yet to be measured systematically.
If that rhetoric doesn't creep you out, you aren't paying attention. Being stoic, aggressive and competitive is what drives men to build civilizations instead of sitting around picking out purses to go with their sandals and crying while watching Lifetime movies. And overcoming traditional masculinity is the clinician's role. Think about that a second. People that are professional psychologists are being told that it is their role to quash traditional masculinity. They can't even talk about things like courage and leadership without cautions like "flexibility" and "potentially positive". Can you imagine this nation existing if we had always looked with caution at courage and leadership?
This is the sort of stuff taught to budding psychologists and in turn being pushed on people seeking psychological help. If this doesn't discourage you from seeking help from these quacks, it should. I have spent some time in the office of psychologists and I came away realizing most of them are far more screwed up than I am. If anyone needs mental health help, it is mental health "professionals". Ironically, it is "traditional masculinity" that has built the sort of stable, safe civilizations where weirdos can sit around and think up stuff like this to undermine masculinity. People in survival stage civilizations don't sit around trying to decide if their feelings are toxic or not. We have it too easy in this country and it is making us weak and worse is making the weakest and weirdest deviant people in our society the most influential and powerful. This is not sustainable.
|If you don't know which stage we are in now, |
you are part of the problem
- Men that like to wear dresses and panties are perfectly normal and deserve special recognition for how supremely mentally healthy they are.
- Men that like to sodomize other men are noble and should be proud of their sexual preferences.
- Men should take selfies with their mouths hanging open in moronic grins and should blubber like a child at the drop of a hat, showing how in touch with their feminine side they are.
- Men that exhibit the natural traits associated with manhood are toxic and need to be shamed, scolded and re-educated.
- Men that act like men have always acted have something wrong with them and this behavior should be corrected by psychological "professionals".
If you want to know why the male suicide rate is up, it might have more to do with the attempted suppression of natural masculinity rather than men being excessively stoic.
Of course what is also missed from the cultural conversation about masculinity is that an awful lot of poor behavior by men is the result of so many men in this country growing up without fathers. We are now multiple generations of young men being raised by women in the home and school. They don't know what healthy masculinity even looks like, being fed a steady diet of pills to suppress their natural behaviors and mass media images of men as idiots barely tolerated by their wise female partners. When I was growing up, no adult man said to me: "Don't whistle at strange girls or pinch their butt" but they didn't have to. I learned by wacthing men like my dad and his friend and my namesake Art Regenold. They were clearly the heads of their households. They provided for their wives and children. They hunted and fixed stuff. They did not whistle at women or grope co-workers. I learned how to be a man by watching men. No one learns to be a man by listening to women gripe about men or watching virtue-signaling corporate ads or having their problematic traditional, natural masculine behavior undermined by quacks. Generations of men raised without traditional male role models in the home are a powder keg. You can drug them, you can badger and shame them but you can't change who they are and without the social structures men put in place, eventually they are going to return to barbarism.
One final note, just as a warning. Someday, probably very soon, the people in America, and especially women, will find themselves once more in need of some old fashioned masculinity. They are going to find that "Yeah gurrrrl power!" super-heroines in movies that beat up men twice their size are just fictional. When it all starts to go sideways and they find out what real "toxic masculinity" looks like, they are going to wish for more men that embrace their traditional masculine role as provider and protector. They had better hope there are still some around.